Automate, integrate and digitize your business processes with Sweet Automation
We created Sweet Automation because business process automation is shaping the future of the workplace. It gives organizations of any size the flexibility to quickly and easily automate their business processes, and change them easily as demands are changing. With Sweet Automation, you can streamline and automate complex tasks, increase productivity and efficiency, and give your teams more time to focus on more value creating activities.
Sweet Automation can make your business run smarter and more efficiently - no matter the department. It can handle inbound marketing, automate sales assignments, streamline customer onboarding, your after market proccesses or optimize customer service. It can even help with HR operations, freeing up time and freeing up resources so you can focus on growth. Sweet Automation is the key to many of our customers success stories. Curious to read more? Find the stories here.
Sweet Automation - The Ultimate Business Process Automation Tool
Sweet Automation is more than just a business process automation tool - it’s an integrations engine, a marketing automation tool, a data analyzing tool, and much more. It can help you integrate processes and workflows, validate third-party data, and automatically update your CRM. It can also analyze customer behavior and make decisions based on predefined conditions.
- Some of the ways Sweet Automation can help streamline your business processes include:
- Digital Onboarding: Integrate the processes and workflows in your digital onboarding process with third-party data validation and automatically update your CRM with the results.
- Data Analysis: Analyze behaviors or target customer groups based on predefined conditions and automatically make decisions and take actions on the results.
- Streamlined Processes: Gather several data sources and merge them into one streamlined process.
- Marketing Automation: Handle your marketing automation sendouts, follow-up, and analysis in one place and connect it to your customer database. Based on the outcome of a marketing sendout, the rules engine can decide what to do next for you.
- IoT Integration: Connect your IoT devices or read the signals of machines automatically, define how to act when certain limits are reached, and create a chain of automatic actions such as alerts, reminders, or business opportunities.
Above described user cases can strech from very simple, to fairly advanced and therefore requires no coding experience to developer skills depending on the complexity - hower Sweet Automation can be used by all.
- Experience many benefits of automation:
- Reduce time to market
- Achieve sustainable competitive advantage
- Digitize business processes
- Increase your flexibility with digital business rules
- Improve quality and reliability – automation is precise and repeatable
- Allow new business opportunities
- Reduce operational costs
- Increase efficiency and productivity
With Sweet Automation, you can automate repetitive tasks, streamline workflows, and make data-driven decisions in real-time. Try Sweet Automation today and experience the ultimate business process automation tool.
Read more about our customer solutions.
The platform contains the following functional areas:
- Selection tools to help you connect, view, select and manage information from a datasource of yours, and use that data to create automatic rules with potential actions or just view the summary of it
- Flow builder is where the different stages and actions of the business rules or actions are managed
- Business Rule Engine is the part that can be used to build a logic for what should happen when, based on the data you want
- Actions are the toolbox of existing features that allows you to handle your business rules in a flow
- Dashboards can be used to visualize the data in a neat and understandable way
- Links can be inserted and used
Drag and Drop¶
Sweet Automation is a product based on “drag and drop” functionality, thanks to this functionality your work is saved it is easier to build selection criteria and flows in a quick and effective way.
Thanks to “autosave” functionality your work is saved automatically which makes it easier to build flows and selection in a quick and more effective way. However, there are certain dialogues where the changes must be saved, for example, when you must save information to another system, (“save” button is clearly visible in those cases). So, if you don’t find the “Save” button, auto save will be applied and changes will be saved automatically.
On your start page you will find standard buttons with direct links to Sweet Automation documentation and to the Sweet Systems support page where you can easily create a support case. On the start page you can also see the latest items you worked with, divided into selection and flows.
In the central part of the main page you can see the overall view of your selected item, such as the rules for a selection template, etc.
The settings dialogue are displayed to the right of the screen when the settings gear button of a feature is clicked, such as selection or flow settings. Unless you see a ‘save’ button, autosave is default, and you can make your changes and then close the settings to save.
Execute means that to perform the action, flow or selection that your working with. The function will start to run, and do whatever it has been configured to do.
Flow is a function in Sweet Automation where proccesses can be built to integrate Sweet Automation with other systems, to automate and/ or digitalize a process, or to analyze and group your data.
Flow key is a unique value that represent a singel flow participant, it can for example be an email address, a company organization number or a personal number.
Flow participants, hte data that loads the flow can be described as the flow participants, a single flow participant can be for instance be represented by an e-mail, a person or a company.
Selection is like a lookup function where you can view and search for data in available data sources (connections). If your CRM is a data source, you can for example search for “All active customers where type is Company” by using search conditions.