Case management module in Sweet One is a flexible and complete solution which helps to handle the organization’s cases, both external as well as internal. Connect and let one or several e-mail inboxes (for example email@example.com) autogenerate cases. Assign cases to responsible users and manage all relations on a case. Indicators inform the users when it is time to act on a case so nothing is missed or forgotten. Communicate important information about the case directly from the case view, choose between note or e-mail communication. Follow up the status and the progress of cases with pipeline, timeline and dashboard view.
Create a new case¶
New cases can be created from:
- The submenu under ‘Create New’ in the side menu
- From every object - under the ‘more menu’ icon in the ‘action bar’
- Email inbox - cases can be automatically created from the incoming emails sent to a specific inbox, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage forms - for such solution Sweet Automation with customized rules is implemented.
Create new case (manually)
When the user chooses to create a new case manually, a registration view for a new case will open with possibilities to enter general information about the case.
Some information can be pre-filled by default depending on the way the new case was created. For example, if the new case is created from the Private Person card, the Private Person will be prefilled on the edit view of the new case.
Description - In the edit view description can be added in the plain text or with elp of HTML editor (click the pencil icon). Description as a ‘text only’ will be shown in the first swipe header. The second swipe header shows description styled with the HTML editor.
Contact and private person - The user can searched for contacts and private persons and relate them to the case. Contacts and private persons are added with the role Owner.
External e-mail addresses - can be added to the case. Related e-mail addresses will be added with role Follower to the case and will be listed under the Relation tab as @-addresses.
Inbox - all outgoing communication will be sent from the e-mail address selected by the user.
The pipeline sub-menu is placed under Cases in the side menu.
The pipeline contains wide filter functionality and sorting option e.g. case number or priority.
The pipeline has a separated column for every status. New cases are by default shown in the first column. The number of cases for every status is shown in the column header.
The pipeline has a drag-and-drop function so the user can change the status by simply moving the case to the different column.
Cases in the pipeline are presented as boxes. Those boxes contain the following information about the cases:
- Subject and the case number
- Customer (related company, contact person)
- Responsible user(s)
- Dates of registration and the last updated date
- Priority = high = medium and no exclamation mark = low
- New updates - the speech bubble placed in the upper right-hand side corner indicates that the new information (for the logged-in user) have been added on the case. The speech bubble is visible when the new case appears in the pipeline for the first time and/or if the new note is added to the case.
- Passed due date - Cases highlighted in red have a planned end date that has passed (not on closed cases)
- Locked cases - if a case is opened by another user, there is a lock icon visible in the pipeline. It is possible to open the locked case and view it in read-only mode (more info about the locked case functionality is available below).
The Worklist sub-menu is placed under Cases in the side menu.
Case worklist allows you to work with different cases regardless of their status and has slightly different functionality than the pipeline.
Filter - the worklist has the filter functionality that can be adjusted in ‘options’ under the ‘more menu button’
Edit - the list can be set into the edit mode to make fast updates and edit cases directly in the list.
Excel - the list can be exported to Excel.
Actions - under the ‘more menu button’ the user can access actions for the worklist. By clicking on ‘actions’ the user sets the worklist into the ‘select mode’ and can perform actions (placed at the bottom right-hand side corner) on the selected rows.
Options - under the ‘more menu button’ you can access options for the worklist. Here you can adjust filters/columns that shall be active and their order.
Sort - you can sort the list by clicking on a column header (for reverse order click again).
*The first column in the result list called ‘Updates’ indicates if a case has new information for the logged-in user.
All cases which are marked red are the overdue cases.
Two-panel selector is a feature which allows the user to work with cases more efficiently. This functionality gives you the possibilities to easily work with cases directly from the list. There is a ‘handle’ between two panels which allows the user to adjust the width of each panels, the user has to simply drag the handle to the left or right in order to increase or decrease the width.
in the right upper corner there is a generic button to open case in full width from the Multiview.
In the sub-menu Map the user can see the geographical position of different cases.
The cases are shown on the map by colourful markers. Each colour represents different status. In the icon the user sees the exclamaption marks, each priority has a different number of exclamation marks (!-low, !! - medium, !!! - high)
Work with a case¶
Header - overview information
The overview information is shown in the header. To edit information click the Edit button. It is possible to swipe the header to view the case’s description and the history log.
In the header, you can see if you are related to the case (the ‘following’ button is marked). If you are related to the case as a follower you can choose to ‘unfollow’ the case by clicking the marked following button, then the relation to you as a user is deleted. If you are not following a case you can click the ‘follow’ button to start following the case.
Being a follower means getting notifications (in the system and/or by email) when new information is added (new note) to the case.
In the action bar on the case card, the following functionality is available.
New appointment symbol - shortcut to create a new appointment, the user is navigated directly to the calendar to see the available time. The appointment is related to the case by default. This function can be used when scheduling service activities for other users.
Insert symbol - helps to attach files to the case, the files will be listed under ‘document tab’ on the case card
Tag symbol - helps to set and edit tags on the case
Add responsible symbol - helps to add new users and select the role
Add responsible group - helps to add a new responsible group
More menu - additional functionality such as adding a relation to other objects or creating new object related to the case
In the Relation tab on the case card the related objects are listed. User, private person or a contact person can be related to a case with different roles. The following roles are central while working with case management:
1.Responsible (user) - the person(s) who is responsible for handling and processing the case:
- the user who creates the case manually is added to the Relation Tab with role Responsible (user)
- if the case is created from an incoming email the users who belong to group support with role support responsible are added to the case with role Responsible (users).
2.Follower - the person(s) who is interested and wants to be informed about the progress of the case but is not involved in the handling, processing the case
- followers are usually added manually to a case. The user can clcik on Follow button in the header in order to follow the case. The user will be added to Relations with role ‘follower’. The user can only add himself/herself as follower on the case where he/she is not added to Relations yet.
- if the case is created from an incoming e-mail and the e-mail address is added to the incoming email as ‘to’ or ‘cc’, the email address (if not saved in the system) or coresponding person (if saved in the system) is added under Relations with role Follower
3.Owner - the person(s) whom the case concerns, often the one who has initiated it, for example, the customer.
owner is often, by default, added when the case is created. If a case is created manually from the object, for example, a private person - a private person will be set as an owner
if a new case is created from an incoming e-mail
- the e-mail address is added with role Owner (if no match to the person is found in the system)
- the person related to the e-mail address is related to the case with role Owner (if the match is found in the system). If the ‘from’ e-mail address is found on several entities in Sweet, all of those should be related to the case with role Owner.
4.@-relation - the ‘from’ e-mail address creating a case where no matching e-mail address is found gets an @ relation to the case with role Owner
- @relations on a case can be saved as a new contact/private person or added to the existing contact/private person. Users can set a role when connecting the e-mail adress with private person/contact or when creating a new private person/contact.
Communicatation - the list of incoming/outgoing emails and external posts.
Internal Notes - the list of all the internal notes. Works as a feed forum for the internal exchange of opinions and questions about a certain case. The latest post is always on the top of the list (regardless if any old post was updated or commented on). The users can upload the files, use templates and write their comments about the case to all the users or only selected user/user groups. The user sees all the internal notes regardless if they are sent to everyone or a specific user. If the note was sent to a particular user, this user gets a notification informing him/her about a new internal note.
Attachments - all the attached files are visible under attachments. The files can be attached to the internal note/email or/and external notes. Attachments are not documents, they cannot be edited and set as external, for example.
Map - shows the geographic position of the case
Work order - the list shows all the work orders related to this case
Activities - the list shows all the activities related to the case
Document - the list shows all the files inserted with the insert symbol placed in the action bar. Every document can be set as internat/external.
Forms - the tab shows all the available form templates published on the object. To start a new form from a template, click on it. The list shows both ongoing (can be opened to continue) and finished forms (can only be previewed). The PDF icon enables to download the form (in PDF format). The bin icon enables to delete a form. The envelop icon enables the user to send a form with an e-mail (sent as a PDF attachment).
In order to see the document related to the case the user has to: 1. be related to the case or 2. belong to the user group related to the case or 3. belong to the same user group as a user who is related to the case. In order to change this logic and see all the documents related to the case regardless the relation, the user has to change the setting ‘Show only related documents - case’ into ‘false’. The setting can be found in Admin menu under Settings/Document.
Under Communication Tab on case, all external communication (external posts and e-mail) is visible. All incoming communication from e-mail (or the external portal) is submitted and viewed as a history log, this gives the user a full overview of the history regarding the case.
Incoming case from e-mail
One or several e-mail inboxes can be used for case handling, for example, a customer service inbox such as email@example.com
A new e-mail sent to this inbox will automatically create a new case. It is possible to set some rules when cases are created in this way:
- default responsible - a member of the user group support with role support responsible will be set as responsible to the new case by default. Responsible user will get a notification in the system informing him/her about being connected to a new case.
- auto-reply - an auto-reply can be sent to the sender’s email (case owner) when the case is created. The content of auto-reply can be adjusted by using the e-mail template.
Information from the email will be visible on the new case:
1.subject of the email will be set as case’s subject
2.content of the e-mail will be set as the case’s description as well as the first note on the case
3.’from’ addresses will be matched to the e-mail addresses in the system:
- If an e-mail address is matched a relation will be created with the role owner to match the object
- If no matching e-mail address is found the ‘from’ address will be saved and related as an @ address to the case (later it can be saved as contact or private person)
4.other e-mail addresses (‘to’ or ‘cc’) will be matched to an e-mail address in the system:
- If an e-mail address is matched a relation will be created with the role ‘follower’ to the matched object
- If no matching e-mail address is found the address will be saved and related as an @ address to the case (later it can be saved as contact or private person)
Under Communication Tab internal user has the possibility to write:
EXTERNAL POST - External posts are available to both internal and external persons, e.g. the customer (private persons, contact persons, companies who are related to the case and have active login). The post is saved as an external note (not an e-mail) meaning it will be visible in the external portal. Users related to the case will get a notification about the new note. The user can attach the files, use templates and HTML editor.
NEW E-MAIL - the note will be sent as an e-mail. When selecting new email under Communication Tab a pop-up with email dialogue is shown. When clicking on To, CC, Bcc input field a list of users related to the case is shown in the drop down. When user starts typing the autocomplete search for all email addresses in the system is visible. User can move around the email pop up and click elements ‘behind’ the pop-up. User can attach files in the email dialogue from case, device or case forms.
when you add a new recipient to the email this user will be automatically added to the case relations
Attachments - you can add attachments to external note and email. By clicking the paper clip symbol you can choose to attach:
- from device - file from the File Explorer on your computer
- from case - one of the files from earlier attached files to the case (listed under the tab Attachments) or from files manually uploaded to the case (listed under the tab Documents)
- from case forms - PDF file created from a Sweet Form saved on the case (listed under the Form tab)
Templates - you can also choose to use a template for your external note/email.
Communication - layout¶
In the history flow, the latest information is shown at the top.
If a note has been sent/received as an email it is tagged with an email icon on the left hand side. The direction of the small arrow above the envelop symbol helps to see if the email has been received by the system or sent from the system. If you click the ‘email icon’ the pop up window with this email opens.
The note also contains information about:
- what time and by whom it was created
- ‘read more’ - function to expand the content of a note
- ‘attachments’ - a note can include attachments (file attached to the email or file saved internally/externally on the case). A note with an attachment is tagged with a paper clip icon. To see the attachment click the paper clip icon and the file is expanded. All attachments are also listed under the attachments tab on the case.
User can Reply, Reply all, Forward directly from the email view. When clciking any of the reply button on a specific email in the case history, the recipient from the e-mail that you reply to is automatically populated in the new email.
if the email address is incorrect the user will be informed that the email will not be send
Only notes which have not been sent as an email and have been saved by you as the user can be deleted. A bin icon will be available on the notes you can delete, click it to delete the note.
Internal notes notifications
When using internal notes the user is notified when:
- there is new internal note on the case where the user is set as Responsible
- the new note is posted to the user
- the new note is posted to the group user belongs to
- someone comments on the post the user has written
There are standard notifications for:
- users who are added to a case (regardless of their role) by someone else (or automatically) will get a new notification
- users related to a case (regardless of their role) will get a notification when the new information (note) is added to the case (by someone else)
Rules for the following notifications can be customized:
- notification for status change, for example, when the case is closed
- notification for the passed due date
- notification by e-mail
Case locked by another user in the read-only mode.¶
The case in Sweet One is locked (in read-only mode) by default for 20 min.
- User 1 opens Case X.
- User 2 opens Case X and sees that the case is locked by user 1.
- If user 1 will not exit the case, but he/she will exit Sweet One (by closing the window tab, browser, computer), this case will remain locked for the next 20 min even though user 1 is not actively working with the case.
- User 1 opens Case X.
- User 2 opens Case X. Case is locked by user 1.
- User 1 goes for lunch - no active work is done on the case.
- The case is automatically unlocked after 20 min.
User 1 opens Case X.
User 2 opens Case X. Case is locked by user 1.
If user 1 actively works on the case, the case will be available for user 2 only if:
- user 1 finishes work and leaves the case
- user 1 does not interact with the case for 20 min
The user can view the case locked by another user in the read-only mode. Information on the case informs by whom the case was locked and that some functionality is limited.
- The edit view in the header is disabled, so the user cannot edit the header and make any changes.
- The user cannot change the status of the case.
- The functionality to send emails/external posts is disabled.
- The user can:
- navigate between tabs and read notes
- add relations to other objects and create new objects available in the 3 dot menu in the Action bar
- access the functionality in the Action Bar
- write the internal notes